Wrinkles are creases, folds or ridges in the skin. Most commonly, appear as we get older. The first to appear on our face tend to occur as a result of facial expressions. Sun damage, smoking, dehydration, some medications, as well as a number of other factors may also cause to develop.
An inevitable part of the natural aging process. As we become older our skin gets thinner, drier and less elastic. Our skin’s ability to protect itself from damage is also reduced as we age. Eventually, creases and lines form on our skin. Most tend to appear in Face, Neck, Tops of forearms, Back of hands.
There are two main types:
- Surface lines
- Deep furrows
Cause of Wrinkles
- Repeated facial expressions lead to fine lines and as the skin loses elasticity
2. Smoking causes premature. It upsets the body’s mechanism for breaking down old skin and renewing it.
3. Alcohol dehydrates the skin, depleting it of moisture, which cause broken or distended capillaries on the nose and face.
4. Poor diets lacking in protective, antioxidant vitamins.
5. People with light skin tend to experience a higher level of sun damage, which usually accelerates the development.
6. Genetic factors
8. Exposure to sun
The lines and creases that form in your skin. Some become deep crevices or furrows and may be especially noticeable around your eyes, mouth and neck.