Nocturnal emission or Night Fall / Wet Dream as the name suggests occurs only at night. It is a situation where a man raises a hard erection and orgasm followed by ejaculation straight away in his sleep. Ejaculation may be powerful, wetting the entire sleeping materials or it might just be a few shorts. It is a common occurrence in many men especially during adolescent stage. Night Fall / Wet Dream are not as frequent in women as they are in men. In women, the same wet dream leaves the vagina well lubricated and fully aroused.10% of all dreams are basically sexual based and these are the main starters of Night Fall / Wet Dream.
According to the Charak Sanhita, the male genitalia secretes semen due to eight main causes. These causes are dependent on the kind of diet the person consumes, visual pleasures and sexual desires evoked by various stimulation. Ayurvedic doctors believe that a lot of modern changes in our diet and lifestyle may be responsible for nightfall. In Ayurvedic texts, it is referred to as ‘swapandosha’.
Causes for Night Fall / Wet Dream
2. Lack of sex education
3. Hormonal changes
4. Sexually explicit dreams
5. Weak sperms
7. An overexposure to the female body
8. Increased sexual drives
9. Stress and sexual relations at a much younger age
10. Lifestyle and diet.
Symptoms for Night Fall / Wet Dream
2. Discharging while dreaming of female.
3. Early Discharge while having Sex.
5. Tiredness in the morning.
6. Not well behavior with others.
7. Pain in different parts of the body – especially in the joints.
8. A severe lack of concentration.
10. General malaise.
11. Pain in the testicles.
12. Gastric complaints.
16. Dullness and eventual emaciation.
17. In young boys, the problem of nightfall may even prevent proper growth.
18. Weakness and hair loss.
19. Very poor quality sleep.
Tips and Diet
- Do not indulge in vulgar talks.
2. Do not read sexual literature, which arouses their sexual feelings.
3. Do not take hot milk at night.
4. In the morning to walk bare foot on green grass is very helpful
5. A healthy, and nutritious diet should be taken.
6. Practice relaxing techniques such as meditation and yoga.
7. Taking a soothing bath before going to sleep, may also help.
8. Triphala powder, when mixed with honey and consumed with lukewarm water, can be really helpful.