Masturbation is a very common behavior among men and women. Having a sexual pleasure or orgasm without a partner of opposite sex is called “Solosex” or “Auto erotic sexual behavior. When a person feels this kind of solo orgasm in awakened state. this habit slowly kills the physical, mental and sexual health because masturbation is an unnatural and abnormal activity.
Ayurveda has listed sex as one of the four purushaarths which are dharma, artha, kaam(sex) and moksha. Ayurveda has just advised to use sex in a moderate, limited and controlled manner. Ayurveda has regarded sex as an element of creativity and base of this universe. Ayurveda consider masturbation as a shabby and disgusting habit. Most men-women use their hands for solosex. Hence it’s called “ Hastamaithun”.
Causes of Masturbation
- Lustful thoughts and imagination
- Bad company
- Reading dirty books
- Watching PORN movie
- Talking about DIRTY things
- Visiting adult WEB-SITE
- To experience pleasure
- To relieve tension (sexual tension or general tension)
- To relieve stress
- To engage in sex when a partner is unavailable or does not want to have sex
- To relax
- To learn about what feels good to them and how they like to be stimulated or pleasured
Side Effects of Masturbation
- Fatigue. Feeling tired all the time
- Low back pain
- Thinning of hair or Hair Loss
- Soft or Weak Erection
- Early ejaculation/Premature Ejaculation
- Eye floaters or fuzzy vision Groin / pain in testis.
- cramp or pain in the pelvic cavity or in the tail bone
- Weakness in nervous system
- Malfunctioning of liver
- loss of sexual desire
- Sperm leakage
- Low SPERM count
- Shortness of penis(penis shrinkage)
- Penis weakness/thinness
- Penis looseness
- Deformed penis, loss of penis resistance feeling
Tips and Diet
- Do not live alone
- Have dinner 3 hours before bed time
- Do meditation or practice deep breathing to get rid of erotic thoughts
- Do not eat VATA increasing food
- Avoid coffee , tea , non-vegetarian , food that take time to digest
- Avoid sour food like curd, pickles etc .
- Have simple and easy digesting food like spinach, turnip etc.