Frigidity is a female sexual dysfunction in which the female turns sexually cold or loses interest in sex. A frigid woman cannot be aroused sexually within a short span and her vagina remains dry even if she is at all aroused.
In Ayurveda it is termed as KAMSHITALTA. According to Ayurveda Kapha dosha is responsible for sexual disorders such as frigidity. In frigidity, functions of sukra dhatu and Ojus are disturbed. CHARAK SAMHITA says blindly trying to do better in bed is less useful than improving the basic relationship. So talk to your partner about your problems, hopes and fears and try to solve them together.
Symptoms of frigidity
- Sexual drive may vary and fluctuate for all types of reasons.
2. A serious lack of sexual interest while making love and an inability to enjoy the sexual activities of the partner.
Causes of frigidity
- Lower estrogen level
3. Vaginal dryness
4. A history of sexual abuse
5. Worrying of pregnancy
7. Excessive work load
8. Stress and anxiety
9. Relationship issues
10. Painful intercourse
11. Low blood flow in vagina
12. Partner’s rejection
13. The use of some medicines, smoking, alcohol and drug consumption
Tips and diet
- Add spices, meat, egg, and nuts in the diet.
2. Walk on seaside because from old grass of seaside iodine evaporates that mixes with air is helpful in increasing your sexual drive.
3. Keep yourself away from sex related myths.
4. Don’t consume tea, coffee, alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and carbonated and fermented drinks
5. Massage the body completely by using warm sesame oils that stimulates the neural system and restores muscular vigor
6. Boil a cup of milk mixed with one teaspoon of freshly grated ginger. Boil them in simmer for about 20 minutes. Have it once in a day. Add sugar to add the taste.
7. Take half cup of milk with 3 tablespoon of root of banyan tree.
8. Regular exercises and yoga can give a boost to your overall sexual health.
9. Watch erotic movies with your partner or read erotic books.
10. Give a lift to your desire for sex through long hours of quality sleep.