Eczema is a general term for a fet of chromic skin conditions caused by inflammation. It`s called dermatitis, i.e. an inflammation of the upper layers of the skin known as the epidermis.Eczema is an itchy condition, which leads to red rashes when scratched.
Eczema is termed as ‘ Vicharchika‘.It is caused due to the vitiation of all the three doshas – vata, pitta and kapha. Types and Symptoms (Vicharchika) . Ayurveda attempts at curing from its roots .
There are several types of. In Ayurveda , all the three doshas can lead to eczema. symptoms of the different eczemas are:-
Vata dosha type: When the vitiation of the vata dosha produces the eczema, it is felt in the dryness of the skin. There is pain and severe itching of the affected region.
Pitta dosha type: Pitta dosha vitiation can cause oozing from the affected part. There are other symptoms shown such as burning and fever.
Kapha dosha type: When there is an imbalance of the kapha, it is more observable on the skin. The skin becomes thick and is accompanied by oozing and itching.
Eczema is thought to be hereditary,so if your parents or people in your family have eczema, it might be more likely for you to have it.
Tips and Diet
- Identify the allergic factor that and remove it completely from the environment.
2. If the due to an ingredient in the diet, then abstain from that particular food completely.
3. Special non-fragrant soaps made from herbal ingredients must be used.
4. During bathing add olive oil to the water.
5. Baths should not be too prolonged or too frequent. Use warm water for the bath, but not hot or cold water.
6. Use a soft fiber towel and only pat dry. Rubbing on the skin will aggravate the inflammation drastically.
7. Woolens and blankets must be strictly avoided.
8. Avoid sweating as much as you can.
9. Salad vegetables like cucumbers and radish must not be used.
10. Ice-creams and cold drinks must be strictly avoided.
11. Nuts are harmful, especially cashew nuts.
12. Salt, spices and oils must be reduced in the diet.
13. Sour foods must be avoided. This includes all pickles, curds, etc.
14. Mustard is a strict no-no.
15. Bitter tastes are useful. These are obtained from vegetables such as bitter gourd, bitter drumstick and flowers of the neem tree.
16. Turmeric has a soothing effect on the skin. It must be used liberally in flavoring the food. Turmeric is also useful if it is applied locally over the affected parts.
17. Applying the juice of the wild almond (Terminalia catapa) on the affected parts provides relief.