Cholesterol is a fat (also called a lipid) that our body needs to work properly. Some cholesterol is needed for the proper utilization of foods in the body known as the high-de nsity , or simply, the useful cho are lesterol. The rest of the simply builds up in the arteries without any apparent function. This is the low-density, or bad .
It`s buildup in the coronary arteries leads to the condition known as HRIDAYAROGA in Ayurveda, which literally means heart disease. Reduction means safety from the various cardiovascular diseases, which are the leading causes of deaths in the world today. In ayurveda high level is treated with the help of dietary changes and also herbs that are found freely in nature.
Symptoms of Cholesterol
3. Emotional instability.
4. Cold hands and feet.
5. Frequent sweating.
- Being overweight.
2. Heavy alcohol use.
3. Lack of exercise.
4. Leading an inactive lifestyle.
6. Under active thyroid gland.
7. Polycystic ovary syndrome and kidney disease may lead to high levels.
8. Higher levels of female hormones increase or change levels.
9. Contraception pills or estrogen.
10. Certain medication.
11. Genetic factors.
12. Smoking does not cause higher levels, but it can reduce HDL .
13. Taking too much fatty foods.
14. Worry or tension.
Tips and Diet
- Eating two to three cloves of garlic a day helps to reduce harmful .
2. Say no to chocolates, ice creams, red meats and all such foods that can increase the calorie count.
3. Avoid fatty foods.
4. Consume more fresh vegetables and fruits.
5. Tulsi or holy basil is also used for consumption.
6. Consuming Arjuna is also beneficial.
7. Yoga asana such as padmasana, shalabhasana, and vajrasana are especially beneficial for people who are suffering from high level.
8. Drinking coriander in water everyday helps in the reducion .